Avalon Trade Group comprises one of the leading market makers within the tangibles market in Europe and Asia. While core of the company is agriculture, we have expanded into other strategies across various asset classes & verticals building a varied firm. Avalon is a dynamic trading group with our head office in London with strategic representative offices in Hong Kong & Singapore, together with individual representatives strategically placed across the globe. What sets us apart from others is that we allow employees to have a big impact as if they are at a small company, but at the same time we have the global reach of a large company allowing for scale and diversification. We use cutting edge technology and quantitative methods while maintaining our strong trading roots, giving us a unique position to provide deep and reliable liquidity in all market conditions.
The successful candidate will join our core team of Traders / Portfolio managers based in London. They will have the responsibility of trading strategies which can range from crude oil, natural gas, grains, precious metals, base metals, or bulk commodities. We are looking to expand the products and strategies we trade to utilise excess capital.RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILL SET AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION
- Research and implement your own strategies within the company trading framework.
- Analyse fundamental and technical data to identify trading/arbitrage opportunities.
- Manage positions and risk within the commodities portfolio risk limits.
- Develop a strong understanding of market structure of various exchanges and asset classes.
- Lead all aspects of the customer life-cycle by working with other functions to support on-boarding, engagement, retention and cross selling.
- Communicate efficiently with department heads ensuring that KPI's and targets are correctly aligned within allocated times.
- Leverage the Avalon international account teams to gain access to new customers and to ensure alignment and best practices are being followed.
- Ensuring that all data is placed onto our internal CRM and updated on a daily basis
- Ensure high levels of post-sales customer satisfaction and retention
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONSuccessful candidates will enjoy:
- A proven strong track record
- Minimum 5 years experience within dry bulk commodities/metal s and/or energy futures markets, including OTC and exchange cleared derivatives.
- Trading and/or quantitative background - includes a degree in either International trade, Economics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with colleagues across multiple regions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of shipping and logistics, including incoterms 2020 and UCP 600 with detailed understanding of payment instruments.
- Knowledge of futures exchanges and ICE would be advantageous.
- Self motivated and the ability to generate revenue without direct client flows using both screen traded products and broker traded flow.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Generous starting retainer of $80,000 per annum + commission + quarterly bonus
- Outstanding work environment, with flexible working hours and friendly international team
- Long-term career development opportunities within Avalon
- Regular team events, weekends away & bonuses for weekly performance.
weekly Friday lunch